Classics Students Association
The CSA is dedicated to increasing awareness of the Ancient Mediterranean World through sponsorship of lectures, films, special events and Pithos, the journal of CSA. All students of SFSU are welcome to participate in the activities of the CSA. For additional information, email us at classics @ sfsu.edu or contact our faculty advisor Prof. Alexandra Pappas at 415.338.1220.
2014-2015 CSA Officers
The CSA is proud to announce the officers for the 2014/2015 academic year:
- Samantha Alfonso, President
- Kevin Hunter, Vice President
- Kimberly Paton, Secretary
- Sarah Garvey, Treasurer
- Kerry Gray, Media
The CSA is please to present the 2015, 14th annual volume of Pithos, the SFSU students' Classics Journal. Copies will soon be available in the Richard L. Trapp Classics Library (HUM 375), and can now be downloaded here.
We are pleased to announce that Pithos, the SFSU students' Classics Journal, will soon be accepting submissions for its 14th volume. Both undergraduate and graduate students in any department at SFSU are welcome to submit original work - from papers, to translations, to book reviews, etc - with a view toward the Ancient World between JANUARY 1 and FEBRUARY 20, 2016.
All articles sent to Pithos for review should be submitted as follows:
- Articles are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PITHOS 2016 Submission”
- Articles should be submitted as ATTACHMENTS as .doc, .docx, or .pdf files. Should this cause problems please contact the editor.
- Attachement FILE NAMES should as follows: "[Title of Paper]_Pithos 2016”
- Articles should be submitted WITHOUT A TITLE PAGE. The AUTHOR'S NAME SHOULD NOT APPEAR anywhere in the text of the document.
- The article itself must contain the TITLE OF THE WORK ON THE FIRST PAGE.
- The text of the article should not excede 25 pages (not including images, notes and bibliography.)
Articles for the 2016 volume of Pithos must be submitted no later than MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2016.
If you have any questions regarding submission guidelines, topical appropriateness of papers, or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact the journal's Editor-in-Chief Adriana Javier via the Pithos email, email@example.com, or speak to her in the Trapp Library (HUM 375).
2013-2014 CSA Officers
- Alice Chapman, President
- Samantha Alfonso, Vice President
- Brandon Braun, Secretary
- Mark Bodenchak, Treasurer
- Adriana Javier, Media
2012-2013 CSA Officers
- Brandon Braun, President
- Megan Bresnahan, Vice President
- Heather Pujals, Secretary
- Olivia Walters, Treasurer
- Antigone Slavko, Media
2011-2012 CSA Officers
- Michael Moore, President
- Kazu Suzuki, Vice President
- Shannon Chapman, Secretary
- Aleeza Brown, Treasurer
- Megan Bresnahan, Media
2010-2011 CSA Officers
- Jessica Sue Wiles, President
- Carson Forter, Secretary
- Mike Hayes, Treasurer
- Deborah Morgan, Media
2009-2010 CSA Officers
- Victoria Moore, President
- Abigail Lambert, Vice President
- Victoria Keitel, Secretary
- Aaron Beck-Schachter, Treasurer
- John Cardenas, Media
2008-2009 CSA Officers
- Seth Chabay, President
- Victoria Moore, Vice President
- Erin Bryan, Secretary
- Christopher King, Treasurer