We are pleased to announce that Pithos, the SFSU students' Classics Journal, will soon be accepting submissions for its 18th volume. Both undergraduate and graduate students in any department at SFSU are welcome to submit original work - from papers, to translations, to book reviews, etc - with a view toward the Ancient World between JANUARY 1 and March 8, 2019.
All articles sent to Pithos for review should be submitted as follows:
- Articles are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PITHOS 2019 Submission"
- Articles should be submitted as ATTACHMENTS as .doc, .docx, or .pdf files. Should this cause problems please contact the editors.
- Attachment FILE NAMES should as follows: "[Title of Paper]_Pithos 2019"
- Articles should be submitted WITHOUT A TITLE PAGE. The AUTHOR'S NAME SHOULD NOT APPEAR anywhere in the text of the document.
- The article itself must contain the TITLE OF THE WORK ON THE FIRST PAGE.
- The text of the article should not exceed 25 pages (not including images, notes and bibliography.)
Articles for the 2019 volume of Pithos must be submitted no later than FRIDAY, March 8, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding submission guidelines, topical appropriateness of papers, or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact the journal's Editors-in-Chief via the Pithos email, email@example.com, or speak to them in the Trapp Library (HUM 375).
The PDF documents may have accessibility issues. For information please call the Classics office at 1-415-338-2068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.